I AM My Brother's Keeper

I came across a great post, well actually 2 great posts, on a blog a week or so ago and I even shared it with my husband. Then in church, a preacher recently spoke on this topic, mentioning we should carry our brother when he needs help! It was then that this post came back to my mind: I AM my Brother's Keeper! I asked the lady for permission to share it here on my blog and she said that would be fine.

I AM MY BROTHER'S KEEPER

Cain got it all wrong.See, the thing is, God CREATED us to live in community and fellowship with one another. How do I know this? Because the first "not good" in the Bible is for man to be alone (Genesis 2:18). Even before sin entered the world, something was missing when it was just Adam and God. Even in a perfect world, Adam needed human companionship. He was created to live in community with other people. If in a world without sin, things were still "not good" until fellowship was established, how much more "not good" is it now when we try to live completely independent lives from each other?

The Bible tells us that Christians, collectively, are the body of Christ. I don't know about you, but my body is interdependent. What happens to one part of my body affects the rest of my body. If I have a splitting headache, no matter how great the rest of my body feels, my entire body is going to be taking it easy on the couch. If my right hand gets slammed in a door, then my left hand has to pick up the slack until my right hand is better. If that's the way that the human body works, shouldn't that also be the same way that the body of Christ works?

I need people, and people need me. I do not only a disservice to myself, but also to others when I act like I can do life on my own. I can't. I wasn't CREATED to do life on my own.

LIVING IN COMMUNITY

Still don't think that you need other people? Well, even Jesus needed others. Remember His disciples? You could think of them as the original "small group." If God Himself, while He was walking around this Earth needed others, how much more do YOU?

As a Christian, you are interconnected with all other Christians. You were created to work WITH others. Your life is at it's BEST when you work with others.

God created us to share our lives with others.

Ecclesiastes 4:8-12
8 There is one alone, and there is not a second; yea, he hath neither child nor brother: yet is there no end of all his labour; neither is his eye satisfied with riches; neither saith he, For whom do I labour, and bereave my soul of good? This is also vanity, yea, it is a sore travail. 9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. 10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. 11 Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? 12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Our lives become meangingless when we don't live in community with others.

  • The author of this is Hubbadah, not sure on her real name but that is her blogger name. I just wanted to share this great post with my readers, hope you enjoyed it and how true it is!